- Steel is the most recycled material on the planet
- Steel is sustainable
- Steel is a cost-effective, durable option for building construction
- Steel buildings are a part of all major Green buildings ratings programs and standards programs, including the National Green Building Standard (ICC-700) for residential buildings, ASHRAE Standard 189.1 for commercial construction, and the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) program.
- Using pre-engineered metal building construction reduces the amount of construction waste at the job site. Steel construction waste is recyclable into other steel buildings construction
- Reflective metal roofs on pre-engineered steel buildings keep the inside of metal buildings coolr and can save up to 40% in energy.
- Because they do not absorb heat as do other roofing materials, reflective metal roofs can also lower urban air temperatures, reducing urban smog.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Green reasons to build with pre-engineered steel buildings and metal buildings systems for your next building construction project: